Monday, March 23, 2015

Mr. Potato Head Quiet Book Page

I just got this awesome laminator in the mail yesterday. I love it! I've already laminated about 5 pages and the machine is doing great. Everything looks great and I can't wait to do more with it! This quiet book is going to come along quickly now.


I made a Mr. Potato Head quiet book page using the printable found on this website. You need to download the zip file and when you open it you'll see the 2 pages used for the potato head.


I put the printed head in a page protector. Then I cut and attached the sticky magnets using this magnetic strip. I chose to use magnets instead of velcro because I didn't want it to make too much noise during sacrament meeting. The magnets work great and hardly make any noise. I'm also using a 1/2" binder because I want to take it places. I think 1" would be too big. I'm going to rotate the pages I make to keep things interesting.


I printed the pieces for the head and then cut out each piece. Then I put the pieces in a laminator pouch and laminated the sheet. After that I cut around all the pieces. I left some space around each piece so the laminating doesn't come off. Once cut, I attached some sticky magnets to the back of each piece.


I am making many pages that have a lot of pieces, so I put all the pieces in a ziploc.


I found this 3 hole pouch sleeve at Target for 60 cents on sale. I put the pieces in there.


Train Lover loves this new activity! He did it all on his own and knew where all the pieces went without me telling him where to put them.


Tongue sticking out means he's concentrating. He had fun switching out the hats, noses, and mouths. I can't wait to get all the other pages for this book done before baby comes. It'll be a great activity book to keep Train Lover entertained at church, home, and in the car.

2 comments:

  1. Kori,
    This is so far my favorite idea/post of yours! You are so creative!!! I hope you're proud of all your achievements: I know I am! Keep up the good work with your personal goals. You're a great example to me! Proud to be your mom and Train Lover's Mimie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Train Lover looks happy! Keep it up. Looks great. Just make sure he doesn't start pealing off the magnets and chewing on them/swallowing them.

    ReplyDelete