Sunday, June 14, 2015

40 Day Love Dare Challenge

I miss blogging. It was fun and I was doing pretty good this year...till my life turned upside down with me trying to figure out how to juggle 2 kids with 5-6 hours of sleep every night (if I'm lucky). So here's me starting again because you can't start anything (or continue) till you take a step!


Have any of you seen the movie Fireproof? Though the acting is pretty terrible, I love the message the movie is sharing. The husband in the movie is trying to save his marriage with his wife by doing the "40 Day Love Dare Challenge" presented to him by his father. It shows the ups and downs and things he learns along the way while doing this.

I decided to take this challenge upon myself. No, Brent and I aren't struggling in our marriage. Don't worry about that. Pregnancy is long and doesn't leave you much time to be together with your spouse. After having Baby E, I was noticing more and more that Brent and I weren't as close and loving as I would have liked.

I watched the movie at night over the course of a few days while I was up nursing Baby E (watching movies is one of the only things I can do during the night to keep me up for those feedings). I decided to take the challenge on myself.

I didn't tell Brent. He'll find out when he reads the following posts to come in the next few days.

*Confession. I didn't do all 40 days. 40 days is a big commitment to make when you have a newborn. However, I did over half of the challenges and I learned a lot from them. And I haven't given up. I'm working on them when I can and repeating some of the challenges I've already done. I'd encourage anyone to do this to strengthen their marriage and love for their spouse. You can find many versions of it online and they're all great.

No comments:

Post a Comment