Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Couponing at Hyvee + 97¢ for 3 products!

I've been obsessing over rebate apps for smart phones the last few weeks. I have to say - they are amazing! I'll share some pointers throughout the next few weeks but I wanted to share my sweet shopping experience tonight.

Hy-Vee is where I do my grocery shopping here in Iowa. I love it because of their prices, the cleanliness of their store, their weekly sales, and the helpful customer service I receive. I also love to get 'fuel saver' rewards for certain products I buy. Certain items give you 1¢ to 50¢ off of each gallon of gas you buy (up to 20 gallons). There have been times where I have saved $1 and more per gallon of gas at the pump. That's a lot of savings when you drive a van. And I get the rewards for buying things I use anyway! I'm getting off track now. I just love Hy-Vee!

Through Hy-Vee's website, or using their app through your smartphone, you can add digital coupons to your fuel saver card. There are hundreds of coupons you can add to your card that are sent digitally to your specific barcode (similar to Target's cartwheel app). After reviewing Hy-Vee's coupon policy, and verifying with an employee at the store, I found out I could use a Hy-Vee digital coupon along with a manufacturer coupon. What's even better is that most coupons that Hy-Vee provides are the same coupon found from the website coupons.com. That means DOUBLE savings for the same item!

Here's what I bought tonight:



Excedrin is $3.99 originally for a 24 count bottle. I had a digital coupon for $1.50 off, plus a manufacturer coupon for $1.50 off. My final cost was 99¢.

Men's Speed Stick Deodorant was on sale for $3 instead of almost $4. I had a digital coupon for $2 off, plus a manufacturer coupon for $2 off. That means I EARNED $1 for buying that. So it paid for my Excedrin.

Olay Body Wash was $3.97. I had a digital coupon for $1 off, plus a manufacturer coupon for $1 off. I also had another $1 off by submitting my receipt on the Ibotta rebate app. So it was 97¢ for the body wash.

So for all 3 products that would have cost me $10.96 originally (since the deodorant was on sale), I paid only 97¢!

2 comments:

  1. Kori, I'm excited to read your blog and I hope you'll keep up with it at least weekly. I like reading about what you're doing to reach your personal goals. I'm also glad you're sharing tips on couponning and saving: it's always fun getting stuff for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to Buy Body Wash Products online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/skin-care/body-care/body-wash.html

    ReplyDelete