Saturday, January 24, 2015

Gospel ABC Book

I've been wanting to make a little quiet book of ABC's for our Sunday church bag for awhile, and I finally got around to it and completed it today. I found a great website that had a template of the ABC's and all you had to do was add your own pictures. It was just what I was looking for! You can find the link to the template here.

You open the template in any photo editing program. I used the LibreOffice Draw program (the same one I made our Christmas newsletter on). I love LibreOffice! It's similar to Microsoft Office but it's free. There are a lot of features on it that I love a lot more than Microsoft's programs. If you don't have Microsoft Office, download LibreOffice here and you won't be sad you did.

Add the photo you want for each letter, place it behind the wording, and adjust the size so it's at least 4" by 6". All my pictures were bigger than that. I then added a border around the words to know where the picture would be once I cut it from the sheet of paper. Print the pictures on paper (or real photos from Walgreens) and add it to a 4" by 6" photo album. I got mine at Dollar General for $1. That's it! It's really simple and looks great. I'm excited to see Train Lover's reaction to it tomorrow when he pulls it out of his bag.

Here are some of the completed pages:




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kori,
    I tried to post a comment earlier but it didn't work. Hope this one goes through. I love this Quiet Book you made! It looks great and I'm sure Train Lover will love it too!!! I really like how you personalized it. Keep up the good work!
    Maman qui t'aime tres fort :)

    ReplyDelete