Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 4: Apple Crisp

Dessert time! Today's Apple Crisp was pretty tasty. I've never been a fan of crisps, crumbles, or cobblers. I think it's a texture thing for me - it's too soft and squishy. But, I actually really enjoyed this recipe :)

You will need:
2 cans apple pie filling
1 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. old fashioned oats (I used 1/2 c. because I wanted more crumble)
3/4 c. melted butter
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. cinnamon 


After spraying the crockpot with cooking spray, put all the ingredients into the crockpot.


Stir everything together in the crockpot until it looks like this.


Cook on High for 2-3 hours.
Mine cooked about 2 1/2 hours, all of Priesthood Session!


Top with vanilla ice cream and voila!


The pecans in this recipe gave the crisp a crunch and the texture didn't bother me at all. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment